We are always on the look out for talented individuals to join our team, in a wide range of roles.
Commercial Financial Controller (mat cover)
Based in our Banbury Head office
Based in Banbury, Silbury are a leading supplier of food ingredients, with more than 35 years’ experience of supporting food manufacturers and food service businesses across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Renowned for our expertise in tomatoes, oils, fats, pizza sauces and toppings, we supply businesses of all sizes, from artisans, right through to well-known high street names and retail brands. We build long term partnerships with our customers, based on our ability to consistently source and supply ingredients of the highest quality.
- Reviewing, assisting and, where necessary, changing the current management accounting activities.
- Understanding overall finance and accounting objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve financial controls. Support month-end and close process. Develop and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Providing accurate reports and metrics to the commercial team, SLT and CEO on the status of customer trading and accounts.
- Provision and interrogation and of customer profitability analysis on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Liaising with sales, commercial and technical colleagues to ensure strong financial management of the business’ contracts including customer profitability analysis.
- Ensuring consistency, accurate entry, and accurate reporting of all accounts.
- Experience in the design, operation and development of a business’ financial controls and reporting process in a food industry environment.
- Experience in managing the finances of a mid-market SME with particular emphasis on customer profitability, cash flow, foreign exchange planning and credit control.
- Budgeting, financial planning and variance reporting experience.
- Good understanding of accounting software and a working familiarity of Sage.
- Ability to lead teams and communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritise, work autonomously and be proactive as required.
- Possess a commercial acumen and be prepared to challenge and improve existing processes.
- Hold an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) would be preferred but not essential.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
We are committed to professional and personal development and promoting from within.
Our positive and entrepreneurial culture will bring out the best in you.
Please send your cv and covering letter via email to our Finance Manager, Lucy Rudd. Email: [email protected]